A Comprehensive History of UFOs
This book is a comprehensive, 638-page history of the UFO phenomenon and cover-up, and is the second volume in a trilogy that will cover all facets of the phenomenon from the 1940s to the present day.
Entitled “UFOs and the National Security State: The Cover-Up Exposed, 1973-1991,” this new volume, published in 2009, analyzes a decisive turning point in the phenomenon during the last decades of the cold war.
Using archival sources from the U.S. and Canadian National Archives, professional journals, and direct investigations and interviews, historian Richard Dolan provides a detailed analysis of the critical UFO encounters by military and civilians worldwide. These encounters, all thoroughly documented and equally baffling, repeatedly demonstrated that the UFO phenomenon has been a global phenomenon, and the result of highly advanced technology that has received no official recognition.
Many of these cases involved the violation of sensitive U.S. military airspace, as well as that of other nations. Some of these include:
- the unexplained intrusions over American and Canadian air bases in late 1975;
- the spectacular interception attempts of a UFO over Tehran in 1976 – an event tracked by an American defense satellite;
- the landing of an unknown object near two American-operated airbases in Britain in 1980;
- the appearance of large boomerang-shaped craft north of New York City during the 1980s;
- military records describing attempts to intercept UFOs by the nations of Europe, South America, Africa, Australia, and Asia; the appearance of triangular craft throughout the U.S., Europe, and the Soviet Union, including the attempted interception of a triangular aerial object by Belgian F-16s in 1990;
- and numerous sightings of anomalous objects in Earth orbit by Soviet and American astronauts.
This study also presents an analysis of UFO secrecy itself, throwing light on areas that have long operated in darkness. Dolan analyzes the structure of power behind the scenes, describes the “black budget” and “Special Access Programs,” studies the relationship of military versus corporate control of the UFO secret, and provides a geopolitical analysis throughout to bring the topic of UFO secrecy into the mainstream of historical understanding.
His study also provides a first-ever extended analysis of the history of UFO research itself. Dolan has recreated the discussions and debates concerning such topics as aliens abductions, animal mutilations, intelligence community infiltration into UFO research, the controversial MJ-12 documents, the Gulf Breeze controversy, claims about the reverse engineering of alien technology, crop circles, and more. He has also studied the effect of such new technologies as the Internet on UFO research.
This is a thorough and complete history of the phenomenon, the secrecy, and the response by researchers who sought to understand the mystery. Behind it all is the backdrop of a world in technological, economic, and political transformation. “UFOs and the National Security State: The Cover-Up Exposed,” takes the reader through a fascinating turning point in the history of the UFO phenomenon, as well as the history of the modern world.
Apollo 14 astronaut, Dr. Edgar Mitchell, described Dolan’s book as “a masterful and important work,” while Nick Pope, formerly Head of the UFO Desk within Britain’s Ministry of Defence, called it “a gripping account” that gives “the definitive position on one of the last great mysteries of our time.”
The book is available to pre-order and will be ready to ship in the second week of August. The book’s complete Introduction, Table of Contents, numerous reader reviews, as well as all ordering information, are available at Richard Dolan’s website: http://keyholepublishing.com